We now have a site for all of your NAM BINGO needs. You can click HERE to get all of the information regarding Bingo dates and specials
Call your friends and get a group together for a night of fun and winning! Reserve tables for groups of 4 or more. All proceeds help fund NAM school.
July 11th through July 14th
Click Here for More Info
Here's What's Going On...
NAM Festival - (Last Chance to Pick Up Your Raffle Tickets)
The NAM Festival is less than 2 months away and we are promoting our biggest fundraiser for our festival. The raffle tickets are available for parishioners to pick up after Masses in the vestibule at St. Michael through this weekend, May 19 & 20. If you do not find your envelope, please contact Ellen Kajder by email at email@example.com or by phone at 412-373-7148. Each family is receiving 25 tickets to sell. If you can sell more, please contact Ellen. This is the best fundraiser we have for the church and its sole success relies on all of us. The tickets are $5 each and the grand prize is $3,000. We will also be picking tickets every hour of the festival for a chance to win $100 every drawing. These tickets make great gifts and every ticket sold helps our church. After next weekend the remaining tickets will be mailed to your home. Please pick up your tickets ASAP to help defray the postage! Thanks!
The site is up! Tell you friends to go to: www.NamFestival.com
Summer Program for Catholic Youth - (June 10 - 15)
Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, will host the 8th annual Faith and Reason summer program from Sunday-Friday, June 10-15. Students age 15 and older are invited to apply for admission. Housing in a college residence hall and three daily meals in the college dining hall are included in the cost ($495). Limited scholarship funding is available. Further information is available by contacting Dr. Michael Krom at 724-805-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may register online at www.stvincent.edu/faithandreason.
Catholic Kenny-Wood Day - July 23
Faith and Fun. This day features an opportunity to celebrate faith at one of Pittsburgh’s most beloved attractions, Kennywood Park. Mass will be celebrated at 4 pm by Fr. Mike Zavage, and John Trabbic and his band will lead a Festival of Praise at 8 pm in Pavilion 23. Tickets are only $23. All are welcome; please visit pghpriest.com to register and purchase tickets.
CCD will still be at NAM for 2018-2019 School Year
ATTENTION....CCD WILL BE HERE AT NAM FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR, GRADES 1 - 8. Registration will be available on the website after July 1, or you can request forms by emailing Donna Lew-Buechel at email@example.com. CCD classes are held on Wednesdays, 6:45 to 8:00 PM, September through April.
Eucharistic Minister Volunteers Needed...
Eucharistic Minister (EMHC’s) volunteers are still needed to take communion to Harbour nursing home, next to Gateway High School. If you can do this one Thursday once a month from about 10:30-11:30 AM, please contact Jane at 724-519-8760, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a Foster Parent
Do you feel called to help local children in need? Make room in your heart and home by fostering a child. Auberle, a regional Catholic agency that helps build strong families, is looking for people interested in learning more about becoming Foster Parents who provide a safe and loving home for youth removed from their home for safety reasons. This could be as short as respiting a child so Foster Care Parents can take a break or as a long-term placement option. If you are interested in learning more about the Foster Care process, different ways you can help and have questions you need answered, please call Jeanne Burger, Auberle’s Foster Parent support at 412-779-0322. Learn more about Auberle’s mission of helping children, youth and families across Southwestern Pennsylvania by visiting www.auberle.org.
New Deacon Class
Bishop Zubik has announced a new class for Deacon Formation. The basic requirements for an inquirer are:
1. Must be at least 30 and no more than 59 years old at the time of application.
2. Must provide evidence of U.S. citizenship as well as legal residency within the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
3. Is to hold at least an undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited academic institution.
4. One who is a convert to the Church must be a practicing Catholic for at least three years. The case of a baptized Catholic who has returned to full practice of the faith after leaving the Church for a period of prolonged inactivity will be evaluated on an individual basis; at least three years must elapse before consideration will be given to his nomination.
5. An unmarried inquirer must show evidence of a stable, mature lifestyle in accord with the moral teaching of the Church.
6. A married inquirer must show evidence of a stable, well established marriage for at least three years before application. As part of this assessment, a scheduled visit will be made to the inquirer’s family home. In addition, his wife must provide signed consent for his participation in the formation program. A married inquirer must be willing to accept celibacy in the event that he eventually is ordained and his wife predeceases him.
7. A single inquirer must be willing to embrace a life of perpetual celibacy. Both single and married inquirers must understand the virtue of chastity and embrace it based on their individual state in life.
8. An inquirer whose wife has died should wait at least two years before applying to the program. If he has any interest in dating and possibly remarrying, he should delay serious consideration of the diaconate.
9. An inquirer whose marriage has ended in divorce must obtain a declaration of nullity from a Diocesan Tribunal before applying to the program. His application will be screened carefully to ascertain if and how the particular circumstances that led to the break-up of the marriage might affect his viability as a candidate. An extended period of time, evaluated on an individual basis, should elapse before his nomination is considered.
Any man who fulfills these requirements and is interested in applying must contact Fr. Joe, since pastors are required to complete and submit Pastor’s Nomination Forms no later than Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
In his letter dated February 27, 2018, Bishop said in part, “My hope in calling for another diaconate class is to foster the formation of men who are willing to develop their potential for servant leadership in the Church and to embrace the model of Jesus Christ’s humble, loving care for others, especially those who are sick, elderly, imprisoned, hungry, poor, lonely, and forgotten.
I encourage prospective applicants to pray for guidance and to open their hearts to the Lord’s will in discerning whether they have a genuine vocation to the diaconate. At the same time, I urge them to discuss their interest with their wife, if they are married, with other family members and close associates, and with their pastor, who must nominate an individual in order to initiate the application process.
Catholic Singles Club - Co-Ed Softball & Tennis
Calling Co-Ed, Singles, 21 and over for Softball and Tennis. Softball is played in Blawnox, Tennis at Moore Park in Brookline. The Catholic Singles Club of Pittsburgh is looking for players of all abilities. The group also offers parties, picnics, mini golf, hiking, volleyball, dinners, spirituality events, trips, and many other great events and activities. For more information or an application, go to their website at www.cacpittsburgh.org, or contact email@example.com or you may also email Gary at Gary.Urbatis@verizon.net or call 412-427-8772.
Prayer Meetings - (Twice a month)
Is God calling and you can't find time to listen? Is He trying to tell you something, and you just can't figure out what it is? Are you looking for a time of fellowship and prayer? Join us on the 1st and 3rd Monday's of the month at 7:00 PM at St. Michael's Church. Anyone from the parish and community is welcome to join us for a time of singing, teaching, and prayer. Our next meeting is Monday, January 18. Call Elizabeth if you have any questions or need more information 412-374-3980.
A parish newsletter is sent via email by a parishioner every Sunday and when there are special events at the parish. If you are interested in being added to the list, sign up on our online form here. Your email address will not be shared with others and all names added are BCC'ed when emails are sent.
Catholic Singles Club
SINGLE, 21 & OVER (or know someone who is)? - Looking for a new way to meet people and have some fun? Check out the Catholic Singles Club of Pittsburgh. We offer a variety of different activities including parties, picnics, hiking, volleyball, sports leagues, dinners, trips, community service, and many other great events. For more information, please visit our website at www.cacpittsburgh.org, check out our Facebook page, CAC of Pittsburgh, or call 412-341-4070. Give yourself a fall present and join today. We think you’ll be glad you did.
Retrouvaille for Married Couples
The word Retrouvaille (pronounced re-tro-vi with a long i.) is a French word meaning rediscovery. The program offers the tools needed to rediscover a loving marriage relationship.
Did you know there are 4 stages of marriage?
(3) Misery, and
Marriages that end in divorce never make it to the 4th Stage of Awakening. Most people whose marriages end in divorce are not bad people. Rather, they are often people who never learned the proper tools for a happy marriage. This is where Retrouvaille can help. Don’t give up without learning about the 4th Stage of Awakening. For confidential information about or to register for the program please contact Retrouvaille at 412-277-3434. More information is available HERE.